Have you ever wondered what it would be like to wear a $14 million necklace? How about a $10 million set of earrings?
Well, if you’re a celebrity, donning these fabulous pieces of jewelry is the norm. As for the rest of us, we can only dream of such extravagance (or just marry into money).
For $14 million, you could buy a yacht or several houses for Pete’s sake; that’s a lot of moolah!
Well, sit back and prepare yourself for an array of the most dazzling, outrageous, and certainly expensive diamonds.
If you thought your engagement ring was pricey, step aside sister, because you’re about to have your world rocked- literally.
While most celebrities get the honor of showing off the most beautiful jewels in the world, there are those that don’t even get to see the light of day due to their extreme worth.
I mean, if you had a diamond worth $25 million, you’d probably be a bit wary about just wearing it anywhere. We’re going to take a look at the most expensive jewelry worn by celebrities as well as the most expensive jewelry that doesn’t get out as much. Consider the latter the “homebody” type.
1. Actress Amy Adams wore $1.35 million worth of Cartier gems at the 2011 Oscars. Included in the high price tag was a platinum, diamond, and emerald secret watch bracelet worth $1.025 million, which boasted 575 diamonds, as well as platinum and diamond 2-carat stud earrings with a diamond value of $35,000.
2. Actress Anne Hathaway also shined at the same red carpet event wearing a 94-carat diamond necklace by Tiffany Lucida Star worth $10 million.
3. The most expensive piece of jewelry ever worn at the Oscars was in 1998: Gloria Stuart showed off a Harry Winston 15-carat blue diamond necklace with a diamond worth of $20 million. Gloria was a nominee for best supporting actress in Titanic.
4. At the 2012 Golden Globes, actress Sofia Vergara sported an astonishing $5 million worth of jewelry. All borrowed from Harry Winston, Sofia wore the 62.72 carat “Mrs. Winston” bracelet, as well as the 31.58 carat “Mrs. Winston” earrings.
5. The Chopard Blue Diamond Ring, worth $16.26 million, is oval-shaped with triangular diamond shoulders. With an 18-carat white gold diamond band, this little honey sets you back nearly $2 million per carat. Blue diamonds are some of the rarest naturally tinted gems, so the large price tag is understandable, but still mind-boggling.
6. The Heart of the Kingdom Ruby is a 40.63 carat heart-shaped Burma ruby sitting amongst a 155-carat diamond necklace. With a worth of $14 million, this piece of jewelry is enough to make anyone feel like a queen. The piece also comes complete with two Swiss laboratory reports that confirm its rarity.
7. The canary yellow Leviev diamond necklace boasts 77.12 carats, with a set of graduated white diamonds bordering the colored stone. The necklace holds a diamond value of $10 million and is currently possessed by an Israeli diamond mogul who just happens to own the third biggest diamond-mining group in the world. Meow.
Kristy Kravitsky is a woman of stunning taste and ample wit from Pennsylvania.